Consultant exams on French Language proficiency and Immigration Rules and Regulations
The new regulations on immigration consultants in Quebec require that consultants show sufficient* knowledge of French in order to conduct their activities AND pass the exam on Immigration Rules and Regulations of Quebec.
THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
An immigration consultant is deemed to have adequate knowledge of French, if he/she provides a document (certified copy of the certificate issued by the school) that attests and meets one or more of the following conditions:
- have completed secondary or post-secondary full time studies, at least three years, in French;
- have passed the French language examinations at the fourth or fifth year of high school;
- have obtained a certificate or high school diploma in Quebec since the 1985-1986 school year;
- have passed a test recognized by the Ministry (see a list below).
* The level of language comprehension (written, spoken) required by the Ministry is intermediate. This level corresponds to Level B2 of the common European framework of reference for languages.
Accepted tests by the Ministry:
- Diploma of French Language Studies (DELF)
- Diploma Advanced French Language (DALF)
- Test knowledge of French (TCF)
- Test score of French (TEF)
- Test of the Office de la langue French (OLF) The Ministry acknowledges the results of TCF and TEF on the condition that there is a proof of test results from both mandatory and elective courses taken, spoken and written.
The exam on the Quebec Immigration rules and regulations will be on:
- – – The exam will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2011, at 1 p.m., in Montreal. – – –
What you should know before the exam:
You must go to the exam with :
1. Photo identification (eg. passport, Canadian citizenship card or driver’s license issued by a Canadian province);
2. Confirmation of your exam registration.
- The examination lasts an hour and a half.
- The exam is free.
- The review is in French. The English version of the exam questions is available on request.
- No reference material (statutes, regulations, notes) is allowed during the exam.
- The use of telecommunication devices or electronic (phone, laptop, PDA, etc..) in the exam room is strictly prohibited.
- The consultants and consultants who have earned their recognition status who fail the examination must present themselves to a new test session to be held at a later date.
- The consultants and consultants who have not obtained recognition before the examination and who fail the examination must reapply for recognition and register for a new test session to be held at a later date.
Registration deadline for the April 30th exam is APRIL 15th, 2011.
Only recognized and registered consultants as well as those who have filed an application for recognition and who have been invited to register for the exam are allowed to fill in the registration form.